Hi, I’m Sarah, welcome to WhyFoodWorks! People are always asking me how I eat differently because I’m a dietitian, and I want to share how my professional experience translates to how I plan my own meals and snacks. I created WFW dinner parties to do just that in a fun, delicious way. You provide the kitchen and the guests, and I’ll do everything else. Just choose a menu and invite some friends!
“WFW is WOW!! Sarah is a top notch expert in food and feeling good. One of the best meals I have had in years. Educational and fun- Sarah made it happen.”
You will learn:
- Some basic cooking skills
- 3 of my fool-proof tips for making sure any meal or snack you eat is healthy (in ANY diet or eating pattern)
- How to maximize nutrition by pairing foods with complementary nutrients
- How to eat mindfully to increase satisfaction
- Strategies for making good choices without feeling deprived
- Tips and tricks for hosting a dinner party your friends will talk about for months!
“It is often said that you eat with your eyes first, and Sarah delivered at every course! I’m already trying her recipes and loving them. She inspires health by keeping it simple and delicious. It’s a true talent and art to succeed at both, and WhyFoodWorks
definitely nailed it!”
Check out the menu options, and get in touch with me by filling out the form below, and we’ll throw a GREAT dinner party together at your place!
How it works:
Where: Dinner Parties are available in the greater Washington DC area (within a 15 mile radius of the city center; surcharge applies for each mile beyond 15).
Who: Minimum 4 guests, maximum 8.
Price: $60 per person – the host receives 50% off marked price.
$8 per person for wine pairing (roughly 2 full servings per person)
How: All food, kitchen gadgets, utensils, plates, and glasses are provided – you won’t have to clean up!
- Meal of the Month- April: in loving honor of Angela Pessina: Southwest lasagna, spinach salad with tomatillo pico de gallo, guacamole & chips (available through the first week of May)
- Farm Fresh Flavors: Golden chicken with cilantro-lime dressing, classic kale salad, country biscuits
- Linguine and Chicken in White Sauce (gf optional): Whole grain linguine with herbed sauce, silky green gazpacho, kale salad with basil and pepitas
- Brunch for Dinner (v, gf): Asparagus and goat cheese quiche, sweet potato wedges, pea shoot salad, green banana smoothie
- Spring Special (gf): Lamb with olive tapenade, creamy herbed potatoes, cannellini bean & spinach soup
(v) = vegetarian
(gf) = gluten free
(df) = dairy free
All meals are served with an appetizer and dessert in addition to the items listed.
“The cilantro-lime dressing is so delicious – I would buy it bottled if she sold it!”